[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]A few weeks ago I had a client ask me why on-going maintenance was needed for their website. This prompted me to put together this blog post answering my clients question in the hope that it helps other people understand the importance of keeping their website in good working order.
With continual maintenance you can ensure your website runs smoothly and remains operational. This isn’t a task that should be ignored if you want your business to succeed online.
Maintenance tasks (as outlined below) along with security checks, software updates and website backups are all essential to reduce the possibility of your website being hacked or suffering from downtime.
Regular security updates will help prevent software venerabilities and having a regular backup schedule will help ensure your website’s content can be quickly restored when needed.
What does website maintenance cover?
Lacey Tech Solutions performs website maintenance on a monthly basis and this typically includes the following tasks:
- Monitoring the security of your website and fixing any potential issues.
- Monitoring your website and fixing issues that could harm your SEO efforts
- Checking your website in different devices (mobiles and tablets) to make sure your content is accessible on all devices.
- Resolving search engine crawl errors with the website. Crawl errors include fixing broken links, incorrect website redirects or technical issues that would prevent search engines correctly indexing your website.
- Ensuring website information is accurate
- Helping to solve and monitor possible operational problems (website compatibility with the latest web browsers)
- Backing up your website regularly to ensure your website can be restored if required.
What benefits can on-going maintenance have on your website?
Visitors stay on your site longer
If your website is well maintained and you take the time to fix broken links then you will find that visitors are more likely to stay on your website for longer – increasing the chances of them contacting you
If you keep on top of SEO errors and resolve them quickly then your website will be in a stronger position than your competitors, which is especially important for businesses who rely on their website for generating new business.
If your website is running the latest version of your content management system (WordPress, Joomla etc) and you’ve made sure your plugins are always up to date is a good way to minimise any potential security vulnerabilities.
Better user experience
If your website is mobile friendly then its important to periodically check your site using mobiles and tablets to ensure new content is displayed correctly. Doing this will mean your website is better equipped to meet the needs of your users.
Keep website downtime to a minimum
If you continually monitor your website for potential issues it will help ensure your website experiences very little downtime. Adding new features to your website could stop other areas of your website from working correctly, which is why its important to test new features properly before making them live.
If you have a website that is need of some tender loving care, simply get in touch.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]